Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE)
Canada Connects: A Practice-based Professional Development Series
Signature Pedagogies: Developing Expert Thinking in Your Students
Thursday, December 9
1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Recently there has been an emerging interest in the concept of signature pedagogies. Signature pedagogies represent modes of teaching that are tied to preparing people for a profession. They are distinctive approaches to teaching in a professional discipline that facilitates expert thinking and behaviour in our students. An example of a signature pedagogical approach would be the practice of medical rounds in medical training.
This webinar will provide an overview of the concept of signature pedagogies from the perspective of practitioners in the fields of Nursing, Medicine, Trades, and Business. Questions to be addressed include:
1. What are the ways of thinking and practice that are evident in your discipline?
2. Are there assumptions about learning in your discipline that result in a particular approach to teaching in your discipline or trade?
3. What will students need to learn and do to engage with that way of thinking and practice? How will they demonstrate this?
How to Register:
1. Send an email with your name, title, institution, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use CNIE Webinar in the Subject line.
2. The session will be delivered via Elluminate. Go to the following link to access the virtual room. https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2010018&password=M.844781AF3E78F6A...
For more information contact:
Lorraine Carter at email@example.com
Christina Rogoza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-632-3849
SURVEY DOCUMENT: Survey document SEND TO: CROGOZA@RRC.MB.CA
ENREGISTREMENT : Enregistrement par l'entremise d'Elluminate